All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYork has a rich and significant historical heritage; founded by the Romans, captured by the Vikings, and venerated in the Middle Ages. This book allows the curious walker to delve into the archaeology of the city and learn new things from a new aspect, guided by the authoritative and ever-entertaining Clifford Jones. Further, the reader is encouraged to become part of the story of the city - involvement is the key to this multilayered world. Be part of it - Walk York!
- Author BiographyClifford Jones is an archeologist, lecturer, and author. He started digging at the age of nine with Sir Mortimer Wheeler as a mentor. Clifford came to public attention with his excavation at Muncaster Castle in 2002 (BBC Manchester special) and Gosforth Hall in 2005 (Granada Television program Viking ) in which he found and excavated a 10th-century Viking hall. He is an acknowledged expert on Roman frontier infrastructure, and has conducted extensive research of Hadrian's Wall. He is the author of the forthcoming Hadrian's Wall: An Archaeological Walking Guide and lives in Cumbria.
- Author(s)Clifford Jones
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.