All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAboriginal Elder David Mowaljarlai and photographer Jutta Malnic rekindle a story that constitutes the oldest collective memory of humankind. Yorro Yorro tells of Wandjina creation spirits and their 'crossing over' into ancestral beings and then eventually into human form. Yorro Yorro translated from Ngarinyin means 'everything standing up alive'. It follows the journey of original creation in the Kimberley and renewal of nature. Yorro Yorro is a testament to the extraordinary collective kwledge of the Wandjina peoples of the Kimberley.
- Author BiographyDavid Mowaljarlai was a Ngarinyin elder and accomplished statesman for Aboriginal people in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. He was awarded as a Member of the Order of Australia in 1993. He died in 1997. Jutta Malnic, a Sydney photographer, began a six-week project with Mowaljarlai in 1986 that grew into six years, resulting in the publication of Yorro Yorro.
- Author(s)David Mowaljarlai,Jutta Malnic
- PublisherMagabala Books
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationBroome, WA
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMagabala Books
- Weight620 g
- Width164 mm
- Height338 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.