All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionAs the internet has increasingly become more social, the value of individual reputations has risen, and a new currency based on reputation has been created. This means that t only are companies tracking what an individual is tweeting and what sites they spend the most time on, but they're using this kwledge to predict the consumer's future behavior. And a world in which Target kws that a woman is pregnant before she does, or where a person gets a job (or loses one) based on his high school hijinx is a scary one indeed. But what if there were a way to harness the power of these new techlogies to empower the individual and entrepreneur? As Joshua Klein's You Are the Product shows, what if it turned out that David was actually better suited to navigate this new realm of reputation than Goliath? And what if he ushered in a new age of business in which reputation, rather than money, was the strongest currency of all? This is all currently happening online already.Welcome to the age of Reputation Ecomics: -Where Avis is currently discounting car rentals based on Twitter followers-Where Carnival Cruise Lines are offering free upgrades based on a Klout score-Where Amazon and Microsoft are a short way away from dynamically pricing their goods based on a consumer's reach and reputation online-Where Klout scores are being used to vet job applicationsThe value of individual reputation is already radically changing the way business is done.
- Author BiographyJoshua Klein is an internationally known technology expert who studies systems, from computer networks and institutions to consumer hardware. His recent projects have included an acclaimed new television series on the history of innovation on the National Geographic Channel, called The Link, one of the most watched TED videos of all time (about vending machine to train crows to exchange found coins for peanuts) and the development of a cell phone application to create a virtuous cycle of education and employment in South Africa. His work has appeared in The New York Times, Wired, O Magazine, and The Harvard Business Review. He has made appearances on MSNBC, NPR, and has spoken at conferences from TED to Davos, and presented in front of organizations ranging from the State Department to the Young Presidents Organization Global Leadership Congress, to Microsoft to Amazon. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Josh Klein,Joshua Klein
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.