All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn the year 2008, there were 8.6 million seniors playing golf. That's a whopping 33% of the 28 million people who played. Even with the growing boomer population, there has yet to be a book directed specifically to golfing seniors. This is t ather book about swing mechanics. It's about the challenges people face as they age, especially if they don't continue to stay fit and healthy. And it addresses the common complaint of most senior golfers, I can't hit the ball like I used to. We want to show you how you can improve your golf game and, as a bonus, live a longer, healthier life. In this groundbreaking work we will show you: . What creates the maximum power in a golf swing . Easy ways to increase and maintain strength, flexibility and balance . How to prevent injuries on and off the course . The one activity seniors do daily that hamrs the body most . What to do about existing body aches and pains . Which everyday foods can help your golf game . How you can enjoy your round of golf more and still have energy to enjoy the rest of the day with your family and friends . What is your golf personality as far as needs, style and stress points, how that affects your game and what you do to change it to lower your score . How to stay focused on the course . How to become aware and to change the negative thoughts and words about your game that make your handicap rise . Alternative healing methods used by pros to keep them fit and playing well . Why tour players add conscious breathing to their pre-shot routine The book is divided into seven chapters. Chapter I looks at what, besides arms, (the main source of power for seniors) creates power in the golf swing. Chapter II busts the conventional myths of aging and gives suggestions on how to stay youthful and vital. In Chapter III, Dr. Cherie Smith, D.C. describes the toll golf takes on your body and how you can alleviate aches, paind and strains associated with the game. Chapter IV offers great examples of strengthening movement you can do at home, without purchasing expensive fitness equipment. Chapter V talks about what Hippocrates said, Eat as if your food is your medicine and your medicine is your food. Many seniors complain of loss of energy. Most of this comes from sedentary living and poor nutritional habits. No preaching, only information to use as you wish, with suggestions on how you may be able to cut down or elminate toxic prescription meds. Chapter VI describes how you can take control of your mental game. Dave Bisbee divides your golf personality into a G (Tiger), O, (Jim Furyk), L (Sergio Garcia), or F (Fred Couples), how these personality types will govern what you do on the course and how you can use the information to better your game - and your life. Chapter VII shows you how changing yor self-talk will t only improve your mood but improve your game. Discover how to stay in the present moment-one shot, one hole, one round at a time. Even if you choose to make only one or two small changes as described in this book, your life will improve drastically. You'll wake up in the morning excited to have ather day to find the joy in life and after a great round of golf, be able to rest comfortably, without aches and pains. This is unlike any other golf book you've ever seen, sharing age-defying secrets to a better game and a healthier life for you and your family.
- Author BiographyDr. Marcia Hootman is a published author of several top-selling books. In this, her latest work, she has condensed twenty years of extensive research into the subject of anti-aging, and how to maintain a high level of health and fitness. Certified in Sports Nutrition and Senior Fitness, she practices both daily and uses her expertise to educate seniors in retirement communities, golf facilities, senior centers and private organizations directed to seniors. An avaid golfer who took up the sport at the age of 64, Marcia believes anyone, regardless of age, can continue to play golf, without experiencing deterioration in the quality of their game. In You Can Shoot 70 at 70, Marcia, along with her team of golf professionals, share groundbreaking, age-defying secrets to a better game and a healthier life. Dr. Marcia has collaborated with Jamie Leno Zimron, LPGA Teaching Pro, Creator of KIAI Golf and Golf Bliss Fitness, an at-home exercise program you can practice using only a 7 iron. Jamie is known as Sensei (Master Instructor) by her students of golf and also Aikido. The has been a pioneer in holistic instruction that blends ancient eastern wisdom and modern western discipline with golf, health and peak performance living. She is also a presenting partner in two executive coaching companies, one being, Winning the Game of Business through Tennis and Golf. In addition, Dr. Cherie L. Smith, D.C., chiropractor to the LPGA senior tour players offers her advice on how to stay fit for golf and life, through chiropractic and yoga. In her practice she uses a highly specialized method of chiropractic adjustments to reduce or eliminate the underlying causes of painful symptoms, helping your body to achieve balance. Dave Bisbee, Teaching Instructor at Seven Canyons, Sedona, Arizona adds his expertise on how to overcome the mental challenges we all face on the golf course. From golf schools he has founded, to private sessions with tour players, his thoroughly researche and well-honed presentations have enabled well over 30,000 golfers to improve at golf and play with a refreshed mental approach to the game. His highly accliamed Business Golf Essentials and other seminars have caught the attention of Fortune 500 companies nationwide, where Dave teaches them how to maximize the game's potential as a powerful instrument in the work place.
- Author(s)Dr Marcia J Hootman,Marcia J Hootman
- Date of Publication07/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.