You Can't Predict a Hero: From War to Wall Street, Leading in Times of Crisis by Joseph J. Grano, Mark Levine (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe unique story of Wall Street legend Joe Gra-six defining moments in courage, leadership, and determination that will inspire readers of every age, and at every stage in life From Vietnam to 9/11, from the market crash of '87 to today's financial crisis, Wall Street legend Joe Gra has weathered the most defining crises of the last forty years. Whether leading draftees through combat as a Green Beret in Vietnam, regrouping a team of brokers during the market crash of 1987, or working tirelessly to reopen Wall Street after the attacks on 9/11, Joe has served at the front lines of our nation's most defining moments, leading and even inspiring others when things seem at their darkest. Structured around six specific crises he faced in his life and career, You Can't Predict a Hero will describe how Gra was able to triumph over challenges both personal and professional. Whether teaching himself to walk again after sustaining crippling battle wounds, rising from his hardscrabble beginnings to become a top broker at Merrill Lynch, or shepherding the merger of PaineWebber and UBS, his experience has been hard-won and his perspective like one else's. Through it all, Gra has learned to find the opportunity in any crisis, how to calm and inspire those he leads, and how to find the real solution to what can appear as an insurmountable problem. This dynamic book will inspire anyone looking to make sense of our rapidly changing world, and how to grow and even thrive through any challenge. Problems require solutions, and crisis creates true leaders. Joseph J. Gra, Jr. is Chairman and CEO of Centurion Holdings LLC, a company that advises private and public companies. From 2001-2004, Gra was Chairman of UBS Financial Services Inc. (formerly UBS PaineWebber). Having joined the company in 1988, Gra is credited for turning PaineWebber around and shepherding its merger with Swiss banking giant UBS. Gra began his career as a stock broker at Merrill Lynch, where he rose to various senior management positions over 16 years. A decorated war hero, Gra was chosen by the White House to be chairman of the President's Homeland Security Advisory Council after 9/11, a position he held from 2002-2005. The recipient of countless awards for leadership, civic contributions, as well as horary degrees, he is involved in a wide range of educational and philanthropic endeavors. He and his wife, Kathy, live in New Jersey. Mark Levine has written and collaborated on more than 30 books, including the best sellers Second Acts, Die Broke, and Lifescripts, as well as hundreds of magazine articles. He lives Ithaca, New York, and is a member of the Authors Guild.
- Author BiographyJoseph J. Grano, JR. is chairman and CEO of Centurion Holdings LLC, a company that advises private and public companies. From 2001 2004, Grano was chairman of UBS Financial Services, Inc. (formerly UBS PaineWebber). Having joined the company in 1988, Grano is credited for turning PaineWebber around and shepherding its merger with Swiss banking giant UBS. Grano began his career as a stock broker at Merrill Lynch, where he rose to various senior management positions over sixteen years. He was also chairman of the Board of Governors of the NASD. A decorated war hero, Grano was chosen by the White House to be chairman of the President's Homeland Security Advisory Council after 9/11, a position he held from 2002 2005. The recipient of countless awards for leadership, civic contributions, as well as honorary degrees, he is involved in a wide range of educational and philanthropic endeavors. Grano is also a producer of the Tony Award winning Broadway smash Jersey Boys. For more information, please visitwww.Joe-Grano.com. Mark Levine has written and collaborated on more than thirty books, including the bestsellers Second Acts, Die Broke, and Lifescripts, as well as hundreds of magazine articles. He lives in Ithaca, New York.
- Author(s)Joseph J. Grano,Mark Levine
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/10/2009
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Weight434 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Foreword byLee Iacocca
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.