All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the first questions that syndicated cartoonists are asked, besides Where do you get your ideas? is Does anyone ever try to censor you? The humor of Stone Soup rarely tilts toward something that would require censorship, but the day did come when Jan's syndicate editor called to tell her that one of her Sunday strips couldn't be published. Why? Because the gag line included the word boobs-which, according to the editor, you cant say in the Sunday funnies. You can say boobs on Monday through Saturday, since readers of the daily funnies are apparently used to being shocked.
- Author BiographyStone Soup is a comic-strip based on my own experiences as a single mom. I create characters and situations out of what happens in the world around me, hoping for authenticity that will strike home with my readers. Jan Elliot began as an overworked single mom and became a talented cartoonist. Jan's work enhances the lives of comic-loving families everywhere.
- Author(s)Jan Eliot
- PublisherFour Panel Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Series TitleSyndicated Cartoon Stone Soup
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFour Panel Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width214 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.