All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionNew York City and its famed Metropolitan Museum of Art provide the setting for a crazy collision of art and city life in this inventively illustrated picture book. It all starts with a little girl's trip to view the museum's treasures and the parallel journey of her runaway yellow balloon. Floating down Fifth Avenue, past Central Park, bumping into a very silly tea party at the Plaza Hotel, and even adding to a tumultuous performance at the Metropolitan Opera, the balloon becomes part of a hilarious parama of scenes that seem to mirror the paintings and sculpture raptly viewed by the wide-eyed little girl. The result is an illuminating exploration of how life can be captured with both the blink of an eye, and the stroke of a brush. Real-life sisters Jacqueline Preiss Weitzman and Robin Preiss Glasser pooled their skills, ideas, and memories to create this very special collaboration. Ms. Glasser is the illustrator of Judith Viorst's <i>Alexander, Who's Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean It!) Going to Move</i>.Jacqueline Preiss Weitzman lives in New York City.Robin Preiss Glasser lives in Newport Beach, California.
- Author Biography<b>Jacqueline Preiss Weitzman</b> lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Preiss Weitzman
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication29/06/2000
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintE P Dutton & Co Inc
- Out-of-print date30/01/2010
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width290 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Robin Preiss-Glasser
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.