All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are verticles and reflective symmetry needed to Design a Skyscraper? Find out this an much more in this exciting new title! Featuring maths problems from addition and decimals to line graphs and pie charts, these books have different challenges to be solved with a varying range of difficulty. These four titles make maths accessible and exciting by relating it to the real world. Each title includes a glossary to explain any mathematical words or terms that the reader may struggle with, to aid the learning process. The You Do The Maths series include: Design a Skyscraper: - 978-1-78171-687-8 Launch a Rocket in Space: - 978-1-78171-686-1 Fly a Jetfighter: - 978-1-78171-688-5 Solve a Crime: - 978-1-78171-689-2
- Author BiographyHILARY KOLL was a Mathematics Co-ordinator and Maths Teacher in Bracknell primary school and has also worked as a part-time lecturer in Mathematics at the University of Reading. Hilary has more recently turned her attention towards publishing and is now a full-time writer and consultant in mathematics education. She has written over 150 titles for a variety of publishers, including Hodder & Stoughton and QED. STEVE MILLS was a teacher of both both primary and secondary age children before lecturing at the University of Reading in Mathematics Education. Here he worked with both under-graduate and post-graduate students in their preparation for teaching mathematics in schools. During this time he began to write mathematics books for both teachers and children. Steve is now a full-time writer and consultant in Mathematics education and has written over 150 books for a variety of publishers. VLADIMIR ALEKSIC was born in Serbia and Montenegro and has a wealth of illustration experience. His style is often described as 'semi-realistic', as his illustrations have a clear comic book influence. He has worked for clients including DK, where he illustrated Pirate Attack! and Clash of the Gladiators.
- Author(s)Hilary Koll,Steve Mills
- PublisherQED Publishing
- Date of Publication29/09/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQED Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Illustrator(s)Vladimir Aleksic
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.