All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBestselling author Jonathan Lethem delivers a hilarious vel about love, art, and what it's like to be young in Los Angeles. Lucinda Hoekke's daytime gig as a telephone operator at the Complaint Line--an art gallery's high-minded installation piece--is about as exciting as listening to dead air. Her real passion is playing bass in her forever struggling, forever unnamed band. But recently a frequent caller, the Complainer, as Lucinda dubs him, has captivated her with his philosophical musings. When Lucinda's band begins to incorporate the Complainer's catchy, existential phrases into their song lyrics, they are suddenly on the cusp of their big break. There is only one problem: the Complainer wants in.
- Author BiographyJonathan Lethem is the author of six novels, including the bestsellers THE FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE and MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN, whichwon the National Book Critics Circle Award. He is also the author of two short story collections, MEN AND CARTOONS and THE WALL OF THESKY, WALL OF THE EYE, and a collection of autobiographical essays, THE DISSAPOINTMENT ARTIST. His stories and essays have appeared in The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Esquire, McSweeny's, Tin House, The New York Times and others. He was recently granted a MacArthur Genius Award. He lives in Brooklyn and Maine.
- Author(s)Jonathan Lethem
- PublisherVintage Books USA
- Date of Publication08/04/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books USA
- Weight263 g
- Width140 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.