Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.60+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.91
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $34.92
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.25
- AU $18.60Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.08
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.07
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn Fort Hood housing, like all army housing, you get used to hearing through the walls. You learn too much. And you learn to move quietly through your own small domain. You also kw when the men are gone. No more boots stomping above, more football games turned up too high, and, best of all, more front doors slamming before dawn as they trudge out for their early formation, sneakers on metal stairs, cars starting, shouts to the windows above to throw them down their gloves on cold desert mornings. Babies still cry, telephones ring, Saturday morning cartoons screech, but without the men, there is a sense of muted silence, a sense of muted life.There is an army of women waiting for their men to return to Fort Hood, Texas. As Siobhan Fallon shows in this collection of loosely interconnected short stories, each woman deals with her husband's absence differently. One wife, in an attempt to avoid thinking about the risks her husband faces in Iraq, develops an unhealthy obsession with the secret life of her neighbor. Ather woman's simple trip to the PX becomes unbearable when she pulls into her Gold Star parking space. And one woman's loneliness may lead to dire consequences when her husband arrives home. In gripping, -nsense stories that will leave you shaken, Fallon allows you into a world tightly guarded by gates and wire. It is a place where men and women cling to the families they have created as the stress of war threatens to pull them apart.Track listing for You Kw When the Men Are Gone: Disc 1 You Kw When the Men Are Gone -Track 1 Camp Liberty -Track 21Disc 2 Remission -Track 15Disc 3 Inside the Break -Track 7 The Last Stand -Track 22Disc 4 Leave -Track 14Disc 5 You Survived the War, Now Survive the Homecoming -Track 6 Gold Star -Track 17
- Author BiographySiobhan Fallon lived at Fort Hood, Texas, while her husband, an Army major, was deployed to Iraq for two tours of duty. She earned her M.F.A. at the New School in New York City. Siobhan lives with her family near the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, California. Cassandra Campbell has recorded nearly two hundred audiobooks and directed many more. She has been nominated for and won multiple Audie Awards, as well as the prestigious Odyssey Award. She has received numerous starred audio reviews in both Publishers Weekly and Library Journal and more than twenty AudioFile Earphones Awards. Cassandra was also named a Best Voice by AudioFile for 2009 and 2010.
- Author(s)Siobhan Fallon
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication20/01/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Cassandra Campbell
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time330
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.