All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do we get so embarrassed when a colleague wears the same shirt? Why do we eat the same thing for breakfast every day, but seek out velty at lunch and dinner? How has streaming changed the way Netflix makes recommendations? Why do people think the music of their youth is the best? How can you spot a fake review on Yelp? Our preferences and opinions are constantly being shaped by countless forces especially in the digital age with its nstop procession of thumbs up and likes and stars. Tom Vanderbilt, bestselling author of Traffic, explains why we like the things we like, why we hate the things we hate, and what all this tell us about ourselves. With a voracious curiosity, Vanderbilt stalks the elusive beast of taste, probing research in psychology, marketing, and neuroscience to answer myriad complex and fascinating questions. If you ve ever wondered how Netflix recommends movies or why books often see a sudden decline in Amazon ratings after they win a major prize, Tom Vanderbilt has answers to these questions and many more that you ve probably never thought to ask. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyTOM VANDERBILThas written for many publications and is a contributing editor ofWired (U.K.), Outside, andArtforum.He is the author ofTraffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us)andSurvival City: Adventures Among the Ruins of Atomic America. He has been a visiting scholar at NYU s Rudin Center for Transportation Policy and Management, a research fellow at the Canadian Centre for Architecture, a fellow at the Design Trust for Public Space, and a winner of the Warhol Foundation Arts Writers Grant, among other honors. He lives in Brooklyn, N.Y. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Tom Vanderbilt
- PublisherRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byJeffrey Kafer
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time540
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $39.26
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.23
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.34
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.