All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith four successful albums to their name, You Me At Six have become one of the most revered and popular alternative rock bands of their generation. When Kerrang! magazine minated them in 2008, 2009 and 2010 for 'Best British Band', it indicated they were one of the top acts out there. And when they finally won the coveted title in 2011, and then again in 2014, it proved it. This is the first biography of You Me At Six, looking deep into what makes the band tick and why they have become such an iconic band in a relatively short period of time. Their strict work ethic and invative nature have gained them a loyal fan base that goes beyond the word 'cult'. Having toured extensively around Europe, Australia and also North America, You Me At Six are one of alternative rock's most exhilarating live bands. At a time when many British rock fans are looking to the United States for inventive alternative rock, You Me At Six prove that there is a still an abundance of talent being nurtured closer to home. Now updated to celebrate the release of the Number 1 album Cavalier Youth, Never Hold An Underdog Down charts the rise of the Surrey band; the stories behind the making of their albums; their energetic stage performances and their musical heroes. You Me At Six prove that you can't hold an underdog down.
- Author BiographyBased in the UK, Neil Daniels has written about rock, metal and pop culture for a wide range of magazines, fanzines and websites.He has penned books on Judas Priest, Robert Plant, Linkin Park, Bon Jovi and Journey, and co-authored Dawn Of The Metal Gods: My Life In Judas Priest & Heavy Metal with original Judas Priest singer/co-founder Al Atkins. His third book on Judas Priest is Rock Landmarks: Judas Priest's British Steel.His acclaimed series, All Pens Blazing: A Rock & Heavy Metal Writer's Handbook Volumes I & II, collects over a hundred original and exclusive interviews with some of the world's most famous rock and heavy metal scribes. His other duel collection, Rock 'N' Roll Mercenaries - Interviews With Rock Stars Volumes I & II, compiles over sixty interviews with many well-known rock stars and rock writers.
- Author(s)Neil Daniels
- PublisherJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMusic Press Books
- Weight113 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.