All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA woozy logic dominates these poems: a heart can become a buzzing hive of bees, a rooster can trigger a series of bombs, a young man can embrace a city bus as his spirit animal. Yet Bazzett slices through his poems with a dangerous sense of humor. Your humor is deft and cutting / my fingers off one by one, as one poem puts it. Once dismembered, Bazzett's poems can re-member us and piece together the ways in which we once thought we knew ourselves, creating a new, strange sense of self. A meditation on who we are, who we've been, and what we might become, Bazzett's writing is like a te written in invisible ink: partially what we see on the page, but also but also the many dozen doorways that we don't walk through each day. You Must Remember This is a consistently slippery, enrapturing collection of poems.
- Author BiographyMichael Bazzett's poems have appeared in Ploughshares, Massachusetts Review, Pleiades, and Best New Poets. He is the author of two chapbooks of poetry and the winner of the Bechtel Prize from Teachers & Writers Collaborative. Michael lives in Minneapolis with his wife and two children. You Must Remember This is his debut full-length collection.
- Author(s)Michael Bazzett
- PublisherMilkweed Editions
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMilkweed Editions
- Weight157 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.