You Should Really Write a Book: How to Write, Sell, and Market Your Memoir by Regina Brooks, Brenda Lane Richardson (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven if you don't happen to be a celebrity, this book will teach you methods for striking publishing gold conceptualizing, selling, and marketing a memoir while dealing with the complicated emotions that arise during the creation of your work. If you've ever been told that You should really write a book and you've decided to give it a try, this book is for you. It hones in on the three key measures necessary for aspiring authors to conceptualize, sell, and market their memoirs. Written especially for those who don't happen to be celebrities You Should Really Write a Book reveals why and how so many relatively unkwn memoirists are making a name for themselves. With references to more than four hundred books and six memoir categories, this is essential reading for anyone wanting to write a commercially viable memoir in today's vastly changing publishing industry. The days are long gone when editors and agents were willing to take on a manuscript simply because it was based on a good idea or even because it was well written. With eyes focused on the bottom line, they w look for skilled and creative authors with an established audience, too.Brooks and Richardson use the latest social networking, marketing, and promotional trends and explain how to conceptualize and strategize campaigns that cause buzz, dramatically fueling word-of-mouth and attracting attention in the publishing world and beyond. Full of current examples and in-depth analysis, this guide explains what sells and why, teaches writers to think like publishers, and offers guidance on dealing with complicated emotions essential tools for maximizing memoir success.
- Author BiographyRegina Brooks is a literary agent and member of the AAR, and an author, editor, publisher, and member of the guest faculty for MFA programs around the country. Well known on the writer's conference circuit she is also a faculty member of the Harvard Writers Course. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.Brenda Lane Richardson, MSW, is the author of ten books, a recipient of the PEN-Oakland Literary Award, a journalist, and a New York University trained social worker. She lives in Berkley, California, where she uses memoir writing as a therapeutic tool.
- Author(s)Brenda Lane Richardson,Regina Brooks
- Date of Publication21/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight268 g
- Width141 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.