All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionINTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER - On Friday night you stole the life of an exceptional person, the love of my life, the mother of my son, but you will t have my hate. On November 13, 2015, Antoine Leiris s wife, Helene Muyal-Leiris, was killed by terrorists while attending a rock concert at the Bataclan Theater in Paris, in the deadliest attack on France since World War II. Three days later, Leiris wrote an open letter addressed directly to his wife s killers, which he posted on Facebook. He refused to be cowed or to let his seventeen-month-old son s life be defined by Helene s murder. He refused to let the killers have their way: For as long as he lives, this little boy will insult you with his happiness and freedom. Instantly, that short Facebook post caught fire, and was reported on by newspapers and television stations all over the world. In his determination to hor the memory of his wife, he became an international hero to everyone searching desperately for a way to deal with the horror of the Paris attacks and the grim shadow cast today by the threat of terrorism. Now Leiris tells the full story of his grief and struggle. You Will Not Have My Hateis a remarkable, heartbreaking, and, indeed, beautiful memoir of how he and his baby son, Melvil, endured in the days and weeks after Helene s murder. With absolute emotional courage and openness, he somehow finds a way to answer that impossible question: how can I go on? He visits Helene s body at the morgue, has to tell Melvil that Mommy will t be coming home, and buries the woman he had planned to spend the rest of his life with. Leiris s grief is terrible, but his love for his family is indomitable. This is the rare and unforgettable testimony of a survivor, and a universal message of hope and resilience. Leiris confronts an incomprehensible pain with a humbling generosity and grandeur of spirit. He is a guiding star for us all in these perilous times. His message hate will be vanquished by love is eternal.
- Author BiographyAntoine Leiris is a journalist in Paris, and aformer cultural commentator forFrance InfoandFrance Bleu.You Will Not Have My Hateis his first book. Translated from French by Sam Taylor, the author ofThe Republic of Trees, The AmnesiacandThe Island at the End of the World. Hehas translated more than a dozen novels from the French, including Laurent Binet sHHhHand Maylis de Kerangal'sThe Heart.
- Author(s)Antoine Leiris
- PublisherPenguin Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width135 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.