All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 16th century London, you start work as an actor at William Shakespeare's theatre, but soon realise it won't be easy. It'll take an excellent memory, a penchant for wearing dresses and a keen eye for avoiding rotten vegetables. But against all odds, you could do well here...just watch where you're pointing that cann! Humorous illustrations bring the characters to life, while informative captions explain processes or chrological events. Each spread comes complete with a Handy Hint box, offering a clever tip on how to survive whatever ghastly situation you've found yourself in. A glossary and index featured in every title makes the You Wouldn't Want To Be series an ideal introduction to the conventions of n-fiction texts for young readers.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Morley studied English at Oxford University. She has taught English and History and is the author of numerous books, including award-winning historical non-fiction titles for children. David Antram was born in Brighton, England, in 1958. He studied at Eastbourne College of Art and then worked in advertising for 15 years before becoming a full-time illustrator. He has since illustrated well over 100 titles, mainly for children and young adults, including around 60 in the bestselling 'You Wouldn't Want to Be' series.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Morley
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleYou Wouldn't Want to be
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content NoteFull colour
- Width212 mm
- Height240 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Antram
- Edition StatementExtended Ed
- Reading AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.