About this product
- DescriptionYou're a farmer's son living in England in the early 7th century. Your people are descendants of invaders from Northern Europe: the Angles, the Saxons and the Jutes, who arrived about 200 years earlier, seized land from the native Britons and made themselves at home here. You will experience first-hand the culture and history of the Anglo-Saxon peoples, including how they survived, ate and dressed, the stories they told, and how they responded to the coming of Christianity.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Morley studied English at Oxford University. She has taught English and History and is the author of numerous books, including award-winning historical non-fiction titles for children. David Antram was born in Brighton, England, in 1958. He studied at Eastbourne College of Art and then worked in advertising for 15 years before becoming a full-time illustrator. He has since illustrated well over 100 titles, mainly for children and young adults, including around 60 in the bestselling 'You Wouldn't Want to Be' series.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Morley
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleYou Wouldn't Want to be...
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content NoteFull colour
- Width212 mm
- Height240 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Antram
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.