You are What You Imagine: 3 Steps to a New Beginning Using Imagework by Dina Glouberman (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.74+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical book that guides the reader step by step from difficult times through a turning point to a new beginning, each chapter includes a section entitled Spiritual Gym which features imagery exercises relevant to that chapter. Additional MP3 downloads to help guide the reader through the exercises will be hosted on Dr Gloubermans website. The content is based on a 3-step approach to new beginnings: 1. the catalyst: the life event or inner search that gets the person moving. 2. the turning point: an expansion in perspective on oneself and life. This includes an acceptance of present feelings and situations, a connection with deeper and more stable levels of oneself, and a vision of the possible futures. 3. the new beginning: saying yes to the vision without expecting it to be happily ever after. The various stages of the process are illustrated through quotes and accounts from interviews with friends, colleagues as well as prominent figures. Interviewees include Chad Varah, founder of the Samaritans, Gabrielle Roth, Five Rhythms creator, actor Michael York and poet and men's movement founder Robert Bly. The book combines a chatty, approachable and humorous style with original insights of subtlety and depth, as well as state-of-the-art utilisation of imagery throughout.
- Author BiographyDina Glouberman is an acknowledged specialist in the use of imagery in personal growth, and is the Honorary President of the International Imagework Association. Originally a New Yorker, Dina Glouberman has lived in London for many years. She holds a BA Honours in Psychology, an MA in Clinical Psychology, and a Ph.D in Social Psychology. She is the author of Life Choices, Life Changes and the Joy of Burnout, both considered 'classic books' of their time. In 1979 Dina co-founded Skyros Holidays. Skyros is one of the best-known retreat holiday companies in the world Dina is a Director of the company and hosts workshops for Skyros every year. Dina teaches courses, workshops, and speaks at conferences all over the UK and in almost every major European country including Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, Poland and Greece, as well as in the USA, Russia, Thailand, Cambodia and Japan
- Author(s)Dina Glouberman
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Weight236 g
- Width125 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.