All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe historic seaside town of Youghal has a rich and vibrant history which is uniquely captured in this collection of archive images. Still a popular tourist destination today, local historian Kieran Groeger explores the development of the walled town from its importance as a military base and port to its subsequent transformation into a seaside resort. With 200 images recalling old shops and industries, schools and institutions, changing streetscapes and the characters that made the town, this is an invaluable record of the heritage of Youghal.
- Author BiographyKieran Groeger, a retired headmaster, is a member of Youghal Celebrates History, runs their website and has written Youghal Heritage Trail. He regularly gives talks on Youghal s history.
- Author(s)Kieran Groeger
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note220 black & white illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.