All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionVisit the author's own website here! 'For any teacher or school wanting to set up a buddy scheme, or to explore the possibility of doing so, this book contains some useful suggestions, ideas and guidelines. Even if a school did t wish to adopt the buddy system itself, the book contains useful material relating to citizenship and specific problems, like bullying which makes it a potentially useful resource for teachers and schools in general' - Early Education Peer buddy systems have been demonstrated as very successful with older students. Positive effects are recognized for the individuals befriended and also for the whole community. Margaret has used her vast experience with younger children to develop a programme which achieves these outcomes at the stage when they are learning the skills of friendship and co-operation. Using her popular style of differentiating activities and teaching for two age groups, 6-8 and 9-11, Margaret has provided an exciting, invative and challenging programme which enhances the citizenship curriculum and the atmosphere of the school. Margaret Collins is a former headteacher of infant and first schools. She is w Senior Visiting Fellow in the School of Education at the University of Southampton. She researches children's perceptions of health education topics, writes teaching materials for children, books and articles on PSHE.
- Author BiographyMargaret Collins is a former headteacher of infant and first schools. She is now Senior Visiting Fellow in the School of Education at the University of Southampton. She researches children's perceptions of health education topics, writes teaching materials for children, books and articles on PSHE.
- Author(s)Margaret Collins
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLucky Duck Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Weight268 g
- Width246 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.