All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the moment a child is born, they interact with the sensory world, looking at colours, feeling textures; constructing mental and physical images of what they see and experience. Within all early years settings and into primary school, the aim for the practitioner, is to provide as many opportunities as possible to stimulate, excite and ignite the visual and tactile imagination of the young children they teach. Young Children as Artists considers how art can be managed, understood and relished as an essential ingredient towards the creative potential of each unique young child. The book focuses, on how to enjoy, celebrate and extend what a young child can do in art and show how engaged adults and the wider school community can become confident participants in the process of early years art making. Full of practical advice, on to how to design, develop, resource and extend art and design environments within the early years setting, the book covers: * Developing skills for positive and participative adult interaction and engagement * Understanding and analysing child involvement in art * Planning for opportunities and responding to observation and schema in art and design * Practical suggestions for activities and resources (inside and out) * Ideas to explore sensory development and awareness * Ways to manage and savour the art transition into KS1 * Ways to encourage parental participation and understanding of the art process with their children * Opportunities to engage with practising artists This book will help to invigorate the art experiences offered in your early years setting by considering what is accessible, individual, inspiring and meaningful for young children and how you can best support their formative paths of enquiry.
- Author BiographySuzy Tutchell is Senior Lecturer in Education (Early Years and Art) at the University of Winchester. She has extensive experience of documenting and promoting creative learning through the Early Years Foundation Stage, and continuing and extending learning through creativity, curiosity and imagination into KS1 and 2.
- Author(s)Suzy Tutchell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, 23 colour illustrations, 53 black & white halftones, 23 colour illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.