All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung children's personal, social and emotional development is of central importance to all those working in the Early Years. Offering thought-provoking questions and practical suggestions to help readers to reflect on and develop their own practice, this fourth edition of Marion Dowling's much-loved book has been fully updated to include: * Expanded coverage of key topics including independent thinking, living and learning with others, and dispositions for learning *A new chapter on 'Vulnerable Children and Fragile Families', with sections on identifying risk, talking to families, and safeguarding and protection *Guidance for working with parents in every chapter *Updated links to the EYFS and a focus on two year olds. This is essential reading for all Early Years students and practitioners, and anyone working with or caring for young children.
- Author BiographyMarion Dowling was involved in the pre-school playgroup movement, taught in London and was headteacher of a state nursery school. She was an educational adviser in two local authorities, a member of Her Majesty's Inspectorate, and has been involved in a number of government working parties on early years. She now works as a trainer and consultant in the UK and overseas. Marion is an experienced author and is vice president of Early Education, a national charity.
- Author(s)Marion Dowling
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.