All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book integrates four distinct topics: young people, citizenship, new media, and learning processes. When taken together, these four topics merge to define an arena of social and research attention that has become compelling in recent years. The general international concern expressed of declining democratic engagement and the role of citizenship today becomes all the more acute when it turns to younger people. At the same time, there is growing attention being paid to the potential of new media - especially internet and mobile telephony - to play a role in facilitating newer forms of political participation. It is clear that many of the present manifestations of 'new politics' in the extra parliamentarian domain, t only make sophisticated use of such media, but are indeed highly dependent on them. With an impressive array of contributors, this book will appeal to those interested in a number of spheres, including media and cultural studies, political science, pedagogy, and sociology.
- Author BiographyPeter Dahlgren is Professor of Media and Communication Studies at Lund University, Sweden.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPeter Dahlgren
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.