All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJim Parks starred for Sussex CCC between 1949 and 1972. As one of the first great wicketkeeper-batsmen he played 46 times for England in a career that earned him widespread respect throughout the game of cricket. Jim was an exciting player who would empty the bar like a Botham or a Flintoff, his style making him an ideal one-day batsman; a fearsome partnership of Parks and Ted Dexter fired Sussex to Gillette Cup success in the first two seasons of the competition. In this official and fully authorised biography, Derek Watts gives the true story behind the highs and lows of Jim's career, from the cup successes and England appearances to the problems that saw him resign the Sussex captaincy in 1968 and then leave the club for Somerset in 1972. Jim returned to the county of his birth in the 1990s, accepting the club's offer of a life membership. He is currently President of Sussex CCC, as he was during their Championship campaign of 2003, so he remains a well-kwn and extremely popular figure on the South Coast.
- Author BiographyDerek Watts has been a Sussex supporter since the 1950s and has worked closely with Jim Parks himself in compiling the book.
- Author(s)Derek A. Watts
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note30Ill.
- Weight600 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.