Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a long-awaited and authoritative reinterpretation of the early life and career of arguably the greatest artist in history. Author John T. Spike surveys Michelangelo's early life from birth to his early thirties, probing the thinking, artistic evolution and yearnings of a young man thoroughly convinced of his own exceptional talent. Spike explores Michelangelo's involvement in the most troubling controversies of his age, and recreates Florence and Rome with vivid sketches of Lorenzo the Magnificent, Leonardo, Julius II and Machiavelli. This is a prodigiously informative and compelling account that will fulfil the need for a major Michelangelo biography for this generation and many to come.
- Author BiographyJohn T. Spike is a noted art historian, author and lecturer, specializing in Italian Renaissance and Baroque art. He is also an important critic of contemporary art and directed the Biennial of Florence. In 2007, Spike was named to the faculty of the Masters in Sacred Art History, organized by the European University of Rome and the Pontifical Athenaeum, 'Regina Apostolorum.' In 2010 Spike was engaged by the Council of Europe as an expert in Cultural Heritage. Spike is also the Author of the critically acclaimed Caravaggio. He lives in Florence.
- Author(s)John T. Spike
- PublisherDuckworth Overlook
- Date of Publication24/02/2011
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.