Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung Mrs Burton is the third in a series of autobiographical vels written by Margaret Penn, following on from Manchester Fourteen Miles and The Foolish Virgin. It tells of Hilda Winstanley's (Margaret Penn's) marriage to a journalist who became an officer in the First World War and returned from the war injured, a hero, alcoholic and unemployable. She had to turn, painfully, from being the ideal young upper-middle-class wife immured from the practicalities of living into being the family breadwinner. At a crisis of total destitution, she had to send her own children to be adopted: a traumatic - or possibly providential - repetition of her own history as related in Manchester Fourteen Miles. The three volumes were popular with reviewers and readers in the late 1940s but then fell out of print. They w hold new appeal, as an important record of a fascinating period of social history, as well as a moving and evocative account of one woman's life. Cambridge University Press is delighted to make them available for a new generation to enjoy.
- Author(s)D. H. Lawrence,Margaret Penn
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/03/1981
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.