All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Not only does the clarity of the authors' writing make the book very accessible, but their argument is also illustrated throughout with a broad range of empirical material! Undoubtedly a strong contribution to the study of both contemporary youth and 'late-modern' society' - Youth Justice . 'A very accessible, well-evidenced and important book! It succeeds in raising important questions in a new and powerful way' - Journal of Education and Work . 'The book will be very popular with students and with academics! The clarity of the organization, expression and argument is particularly commendable. I have doubt that Young People and Social Change will rightly find its way onto the recommended reading lists of many in the field' - Professor Robert MacDonald, University of Teesside.A welcome update to one of the most influential and authoritative books on young people in modern societies and with a fuller theoretical explanation and drawing on a comprehensive range of studies from Europe, North America, Australia and Japan, the second edition of Young People and Social Change is a valuable contribution to the field. The authors examine modern theoretical interpretations of social change in relation to young people and provide an overview of their experiences in a number of key contexts such as education, employment, the family, leisure, health, crime and politics. Building on the success of the previous edition, the second edition offers an expanded theoretical approach and wider coverage of empirical data to take into account worldwide developments in the field.Drawing on a wealth of research evidence, the book highlights key differences between the experiences of young people in different countries in the developed world. Young People and Social Change offers a wide-ranging and up-to-date introductory text for students in sociology of youth, sociology of education, social stratification and related fields.
- Author BiographyAndy Furlong is Professor of Youth, Education and Employment at the University of Glasgow. Fred Cartmel is Lecturer and Researcher in the Youth, Education and Employment Research Unit at the University of Glasgow.
- Author(s)Andy Furlong,Fred Cartmel
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSociology & Social Change
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight326 g
- Width61 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.