All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionYoung Vienna and Psychoanalysis examines the parallels and connections between early psychoanalysis and the literary movement kwn as Young Vienna [Jung-Wien] at the turn of the twentieth century. In particular, it considers Freud's influence on writers Felix Doermann, Jakob Julius David, and Felix Salten and, reciprocally, the influence of these writers on Freud. An overview of Freud's perceptions of and experiences with literature provides the foundation upon which a closer examination of the lives and works of Doermann, David, and Salten is built. As part of this examination, a significant work by each writer is studied from a psychoanalytic perspective. A closing summary briefly draws together the main threads of connection between Freud and the writers, including their mutual breaking away from an antiquated culture and their serious examination of the inner life.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Lieselotte Pouh was born in Vienna, Austria. She graduated from the University of Vienna with a master's degree in pharmacy. She continued her academic studies in humanities at the State University of New York (Purchase) and received her Ph.D. from the German department of the University of Sofia, Bulgaria. Her articles have appeared in several German- and Bulgarian-language magazines and newspapers. This book was originally published in German as Wiener Literatur und Psychoanalyse (Peter Lang, 1997).
- Author(s)Lieselotte Pouh
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2000
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAustrian Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight430 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.