All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs John's Gospel antisemitic? In John 8:44 Jesus tells the Jews, 'You are of your father the Devil', a charge used throughout the centuries by antisemites to fuel hatred of the Jews. And it is no one-off statement: throughout the Gospel, 'the Jews' appear as Jesus' sharpest opponents, ultimately seeking his execution. Who then are 'the Jews' in John's Gospel? Defending John against the charge of antisemitism, Motyer argues that, far from demonising the Jews, the Gospel seeks to present Jesus as 'Good News for Jews' in a late first century setting.
- Author BiographySteve Motyer (PhD.,University of London) is a lecturer in New Testament at London School of Theology, formerly London Bible College, where he leads the Theology and Counselling course. He is a respected speaker, and author of The Bible with Pleasure, Israel in the Plan of God, Discovering Ephesians, Discovering Hebrews and co-author of 1 and 2 Thessalonians in the Crossway Bible Guides. His latest publication is The Letter of Hebrews in the Two Horizons Theological Commentary.
- Author(s)Stephen Motyer
- PublisherSend The Light
- Date of Publication01/06/1997
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitlePaternoster Biblical & Theological Monographs
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaternoster Press
- Weight505 g
- Width228 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.