Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
Debuting in its first edition, Your Interpersonal Communication provides students with the skills and kwledge they need to understand their own communication personalities and use this understanding to improve and influence their relationships with others. Personalized learning through interactive pedagogical features this text allows students to determine their personal communication style� and use that kwledge to improve all of their communication interactions, finding a communication balance between two very different people.
- Author BiographyTimothy P. Mottet is Dean of the College of Fine Arts and Communication at Texas State University-San Marcos. Before returning to Texas State where he taught for several years, he chaired the Department of Communication at the University of Texas-Pan American (UTPA). In addition to being an award-winning teacher, Dr. Mottet is a nationally recognized communication researcher whose work examines the relationships among communication, personality, and cognitive functioning. Between 2002 and 2006, Dr. Mottet was listed among the top twenty most prolific researchers in the Communication Studies discipline. Dr. Mottet has been an invited summer scholar at North Dakota State University and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where he taught graduate seminars in Communication, Learning, and the Brain. He is also a member of Harvard University's International Mind, Brain and Education Society. Away from the university, Dr. Mottet enjoys international travel, scuba diving, fitness, ballet, entertaining friends, and spending time with his partner Rick and two cats. If you have any questions for Dr. Mottet, please send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sally Vogl-Bauer is professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (UWW). In addition to being an award-winning teacher, Dr. Vogl-Bauer has been recognized by the College of Arts and Communication at UWW for her research and service contributions. She is a former chair of the Department of Communication and has mentored numerous junior faculty members and students. She was one of the first Peer Coaches, a program designed to assist faculty and staff with their classroom instruction, as well as Scholar Mentors, a program designed to assist junior faculty in scholarly publishing, at UWW. Dr. Vogl-Bauer is actively involved in learning and assessment practices and implementing the ideals of liberal education through the LEAP initiative (Learning Education and America's Promise) adopted at UWW and across the country. On a personal note, Dr. Vogl-Bauer enjoys landscaping, home renovation, bargain hunting, watching professional football (especially the Green Bay Packers), hanging out with friends and family, and spending time with her husband and two beagles. If you have any questions for Dr. Vogl-Bauer, feel free to email her at email@example.com. Marian L. Houser is an Associate Professor in the Communication Studies Department at Texas State University-San Marcos. In addition to receiving numerous departmental teaching awards, Dr. Houser was the recent recipient of the President's Award for Scholarly and Creative Activities. In 2010, she received the Eastern Communication Association's Past-President's Award for her contributions to research and teaching. Dr. Houser's primary research interest is in the area of communication in relationships with a focus on teacher-student relationships (traditional versus nontraditional students and face-to-face versus electronic) and student learning indicators as well as interpersonal communication with a focus on dating initiation and relational conflict. She was selected by the Dean and College Chairs to present her research at the 2011 Dean's Seminar. Though Dr. Houser has published and/or presented over sixty research studies, she takes great pride in the twenty-plus manuscripts she has published and/or presented with her students. When Dr. Houser is not researching or mentoring students, she can be found relaxing with her husband and two Yorkshire terriers in the Texas hill country, kayaking down the Guadalupe River, or scuba diving around the world (particularly with the whale sharks in the Galapagos Islands). If you have any questions for Dr. Houser, feel free to email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Marian L. Hauser,Sally L. Vogl-Bauer,Sally Vogl-Bauer,Timothy P. Mottet
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication20/07/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides : General
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight678 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm