About this product
- DescriptionYour Life provides the only whole school solution for combining Citizenship and PSHE at Key Stage 3 and 4. The third editions of this bestselling series contains extensive materials on Ecomic Wellbeing and Financial Capability. Building on the huge success of the second editions, each full-colour Student's book has been completely updated to provide a range of age-appropriate stimulus material and engaging activities designed to develop student's skills, kwledge and understanding in line with the revised Programme of Study and the National Framework for PSHE. Your Life: * offers a progressive, coherent programme for the Citizenship and PSHE throughout secondary school * reduces preparation time with well-researched, balanced coverage of a huge range of topics * is ideal for use on a year by year or selective basis with a clear flexible structure and self-contained units * offers masses of support for teachers including photocopiable activities and assessment material Contents 1. You and your body - adolescence 2. You and your responsibilities - racism, prejudice and discrimination 3. You and your decisions - how to make decisions 4. You and your family - becoming an adult 5. You and your values - human rights issues 6. You and your money - banking and ways of saving 7. You and your feelings - dealing with loss 8. You and your body - drugs and drugtaking 9. You and the law - crimes and punishments 10. You and other people - being assertive 11. You and the world of work - investigating careers 12. You and the media - the power of the press 13. You and your body - eating disorders 14. You and your choices - for years 10 and 11 15. You and the community - local government 16. You and your opinions - which political party do you support? 17. You and your body - safer sex, STIs and AIDS 18. You and your money - you as a consumer 19. You as a citizen - of the world 20. You and the community - pressure groups and campaigning 21. You and other people - people with mental illnesses 22. You and global issues - poverty 23. You and your achievements - reviewing your progress
- Author BiographyJohn Foster is a well-known anthologist and poet and has compiled several wonderful collections - WHAM BANG ORANGUTANG being one of the best known (OUP), and he wrote the poem of the title. He travels extensively to help promote his books. Simon Foster is a teacher of Government, Politics and General Studies at an FE College in the West Midlands. A former Councillor and political campaigner, he has worked on elections in the UK, Croatia and the USA. He is currently based in Birmingham where he lives with his partner, Sarah and 3 lively cats.
- Author(s)John Foster,Simon Foster
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication18/08/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleYour Life
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight280 g
- Width192 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition StatementFourth edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.