Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe child from twelve to twenty-four months of age is a joy to have around some of the time, that is. This child is growing at an incredible rate, learning to walk, learning to touch, learning to love, and learning to say No! for the first time. All of this can be quite a handful for the new parent. In this first book in the series from the rewned Gesell Institute, which includes Your One-Year-Old through Your Ten- to Fourteen-Year-Old, the authors discuss all important questions that concern the twelve- to twenty-four-month-old child. They examine the various stages of development between infancy and toddlerhood: what new things the child can do; how the child acts with parents and other people; what the child thinks and feels. Included in this book: Sleeping and feeding routines A one-year-old s view of the world and herself Accomplishments and abilities The basics of toilet training Stories from real life A list of age-appropriate toys and books A bibliography for parents Louise Bates Ames and her colleagues synthesize a lifetime of observation of children, consultation, and discussion with parents. These books will help parents to better understand their children and will guide them through the fascinating and sometimes trying experiences of modern parenthood. Donald J. Cohen, M.D., Director, Yale Child Study Center, Irving B. Harris Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics, and Psychology, Yale School of Medicine
- Author BiographyLouise Bates Ames is a lecturer at the Yale Child Study Center and assistant professor emeritus at Yale University. She is co-founder of the Gesell Institute of Child Development and collaborator or co-author of three dozen or so books, including The First Five Years of Life, Infant and Child in the Culture of Today, Child Rorschach Responses, and the series Your One-Year-Old through Your Ten- to Fourteen-Year-Old. She has one child, three grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren. Frances L. Ilg wrote numerous books, including The Child from Five to Ten, Youth: The Years from Ten to Sixteen, and Child Behavior, before her death in 1981. She was also a co-founder of the Gesell Institute of Child Development at Yale.
- Author(s)L Ames
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/1983
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Weight159 g
- Width140 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.