All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToo many nprofit, human services, and social work organizations have reports that are boring. The goal of this report is to help you write an original, expressive, and downright riveting story about your organization. A riveting report will be read, remembered and responded to, with greater involvement and donations. But why? The truth is that stories sell! Advertisers spend billions of dollars on their brand - essentially, a story about how their product makes you feel. Lexus inspires luxury and elegance. Apple recalls youth and tech savvy living. Dove Chocolates make us feel like we deserve some decadence. Consumers and dors have something in common. We all want to invest in things that make us feel good! If you aren't telling a story that elicits powerful feelings about what your organization can do in your community, dors will open their purse strings to someone else who is. There are millions of stories out there, but we'll teach you how to make yours stand out above the rest! This report is part of a series written by Dr. Rick Hoefer, Shann Graves and other staff members of CAN-DO, the Center for Advocacy, Nonprofit and Dor Organizations at the School of Social Work, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019. You can access additional materials produced by this dynamic team at www.uta.edu/can-do.
- Author BiographyDr. Richard Hoefer is the Roy E. Dulak Professor for Community Practice Research in the School of Social Work at the University of Texas at Arlington. He directs the Center for Advocacy Nonprofit and Donor Organizations (CAN-DO). Dr. Hoefer specializes in translating cutting edge, best practice research into usable practice points for organizations. His passion is helping nonprofits succeed in providing high quality services to our communities. He has over 25 years of experience working in and with nonprofit organizations, assisting them in improving their services through program evaluation, advocacy, and management consulting. Dr. Hoefer has authored more than 30 published journal articles and 6 books and has given scores of presentations in the field of nonprofit management, advocacy and policy practice. Shannon Graves is a consultant with experience in nonprofit management, fund development, strategic planning, and community organizing. She specializes in bringing best practices to service systems and organizations through the effective and innovative development of policies, programs, and people.
- Author(s)Dr Richard Hoefer,Richard Hoefer,Shannon Graves
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.