All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Your Own Ones, Sile Posts poetic, storytelling voice, courage to write about big issues, great heart, and real personal vision [Frank Howard Mosher], shape this lyrical, visionary vel of one womans transcendental journey back to the old country, w lost in the unsustainable ways of the new. For wild salmon conservationist, Aine OConr, the journey of the wild salmon charts the route of her own journey backto the rivers of her birth on Celtic Dingle Peninsulato continue a thousand year family tradition of protecting the land and sea. When the ecomic tide suddenly turns in Ireland, Aine launches a Celtic Roots Campaigna traditional & local foods initiativethrough which she re-casts the Joycean nightmare of Irish history into a sustainable dream for the countrys future. The preservationist passion that flows through Your Own Onesreminiscent of Barbara Kingsolver, with echoes of the warmth and humor of Maeve Binchy [Joyce Mandeville, Orange Prize minee]will appeal to a wide range of readers, both caretakers of the land and of the heart. Come Away, (in the words of W.B. Yeats), to the waters & the wild of Your Own Onesan Irish State of Wonder.
- Author BiographyAuthor Sile Post has followed the trail of the wild salmon that swim through Your Own Ones, crossing the Atlantic herself in search of simply extraordinary placesfrom the ancient cliffs of Dingle Peninsula to the timeless fjords of Arctic Norway. In her writing, she weaves her passion for Place with her calling to protect her own onesthe wild salmon of the Celts, the pristine beaches of Prince Edward Island, and the primeval forests of Walden North. She resides among localvores in Vermont, Celts in Maritime Canada, and occasionally, family in Ireland. See her blogs on the Spirit of Place at: www.waldenbythesea.com & www.waldennorthvt.com. She also writes literary fiction & essays as Sheila Post, published with Green Writers Press. Contact her at www.silepost.com.
- Author(s)Shelia Post
- PublisherGreen Writers Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreen Writers Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width132 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.