Your Science Classroom: Becoming an Elementary / Middle School Science Teacher by Dr. Laura M. Downey, Marion Jenice Goldston (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $213.95+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $143.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionFocused on teaching methods, Your Science Classroom: Becoming an Elementary / Middle School Science Teacher is a core textbook for use in elementary / middle school science methods courses. Designed around a practical, 'practice-what-you teach' approach to methods instruction, the text is based on current constructivist philosophy and organized around 5E inquiry and guided by the National Science Education Teaching Standards. The text is purposely designed to prepare teachers to teach science in ways that foster positive attitudes and engagement in meaningful science learning for themselves and their students.
- Author BiographyM. Jenice Dee Goldston is Professor of K-12 Science Education in the Department of Curriculum and lnstruction at the University of Alabama. A former middle school teacher, she teaches elementary science methods at both the undergraduate and graduate levels while also supervising doctoral students. During her time at Kansas State University, she was a recipient of the Outstanding Undergraduate Educator at Kansas State University, Mortar Board's Outstanding University Educator, and the Kappa Delta Phi Outstanding Educator in the field. Most recently she received a Commendation from the Alabama State Board of Education for Leadership and Service to elementary science education. Dr. Goldston is active in many professional organizations including the Association of Science Teacher Education, National Association for Research in Science Teaching, American Educational Research Association, National Science Teachers Association, and a past president of the Council of Elementary Science International. Laura Downey is Executive Director of the Kansas Association for Conservation and Environmental Education, a statewide non-profit association. She is a former middle school math and science teacher as well as a former first grade teacher. While earning her PhD Curriculum and Instruction for Math, Science, and Technology at Kansas State University, Downey taught sections of the elementary science methods courses. Her ongoing involvement in the formal science education community include responsibilities as a board member and membership chair for the Council for Elementary Science International and frequent presentations for the National Science Teacher's Association's conference.
- Author(s)Dr. Laura M. Downey,Marion Jenice Goldston
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/03/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.