All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the beloved host and creator of NPR's All Songs Considered and Tiny Desk Concerts comes an essential oral history of modern music, told in the voices of iconic and up-and-coming musicians, including Dave Grohl, Jimmy Page, Michael Stipe, Carrie Brownstein, Smokey Robinson, and Jeff Tweedy, among others--published in association with NPR Music.Is there a unforgettable song that changed your life? NPR's rewned music authority Bob Boilen posed this question to some of today's best-loved musical legends and rising stars. In Your Song Changed My Life, Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin), St. Vincent, Jonsi (Sigur Ros), Justin Vern (Bon Iver), Cat Power, David Byrne (Talking Heads), Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters), Jeff Tweedy (Wilco), Jenny Lewis, Carrie Brownstein (Portlandia, Sleater-Kinney), Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens), Colin Meloy (The Decemberists), Sharon Van Etten, Valerie June, James Blake, and other artists reflect on pivotal moments that inspired their work.For Wilco's Jeff Tweedy, it was discovering his sister's 45 of The Byrds' Turn, Turn, Turn. A young St. Vincent's life changed the day a box of CDs literally fell off a delivery truck in front of her house. Cat Stevens was transformed when he heard John Lenn cover Twist and Shout. These are the momentous yet unmarked events that have shaped these and many other musical talents, and ultimately the sound of modern music.A diverse collection of personal experiences, both ordinary and extraordinary, Your Song Changed My Life illustrates the ways in which music is revived, restored, and revolutionized. It is also a testament to the power of music in our lives, and an inspiration for future artists and music lovers.Amazing contributors include Jonsi (Sigur Ros), Justin Vern (Bon Iver), Trey Anastasio (Phish), Carrie Brownstein (Sleater Kinney, Portlandia, Wild Flag), Chan Marshall (Cat Power), Colin Meloy (The Decemberists), Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters), David Byrne (Talking Heads), Ian MacKaye, Jackson Browne, Jeff Tweedy (Wilco), Jenny Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Michael Stipe (R.E.M.), Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam), Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin), Bryan Ferry (Roxy Music), Cor Oberst (Bright Eyes), Philip Glass, and many more.
- Author(s)Bob Boilen
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date10/03/2016
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time360
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $58.79Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $40.96
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.