Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionYour Teeth was first published in 1941. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital techlogy to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions.Are your teeth perfect? If they are, you are one in a hundred, for 99 per cent of the population suffers from some dental disease at some time or other. Caries and pyorrhea are the most widespread diseases of civilized man, more common than the common cold. Despite wide educational efforts, our teeth are worse than they have ever been before.In this popular book Dr. Brekhus reviews virtually all kwn facts and theories about the teeth of civilized man. Fish teeth five hundred million years old, Stone-Age human skulls, and the increasing number of people born without a complete set of teeth are analyzed. Public health programs of Scandinavia and New Zealand are described.Every dentist and his patients should read this book. A fascinating introduction for dental students; a helpful reference for practitioners with clear, readable answers to hundreds of patients' questions.
- Author BiographyThe author was the first recipient of the William J. Gies award from the American College of Dentists for a wisely planned series of scientific inquiries into the composition of sound teeth and the incidence of dental caries. Professor Brekhus served on the faculty of the University of Minnesota for 31 years, taught postgraduate courses in Norway and Finland, and was a member of Sigma Xi and other scientific fraternities in the United States and in several foreign countries.The author writes, My main objective is the enlightenment of the people as a whole who for decades have been told a great many things about their teeth that are not so. The book will be helpful to public health educators and social workers. It should challenge dentists to look upon their problems from a broader point of view. His book gives suggestions for future research and a program to meet this most pressing public health problem.
- Author(s)Peter J Brekhus
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1941
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Series TitleMinnesota Archive Editions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight295 g
- Width127 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byIrvine McQuarrie
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.