All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionDeeply rooted in the classics of Oriental medicine, the ancient Korean art of Sasang medicine explains how we each are born with a specific body type that establishes our physical and emotional strengths and weaknesses. These traits have a direct influence on how we interact with others and react to stress, trauma, and illness. Discovering your type can empower you to make the best choices regarding your health and well-being. In this book, Dr. Gary Wagman explores the 4 major body types of Sasang medicine and 2 different self-tests to determine your type. He explains the balance of Yin and Yang energy within the organs for each type and how this underlies your emotional tendencies and health patterns. With a strong spleen and weaker kidneys, for example, the Yang type A person will be inclined to anger and susceptible to urinary complaints. Offering stories from his Sasang medical practice, as well as his own healing, the author shows how organ excesses and deficiencies are often the culprit in emotional and psychological issues and how addressing these energetic imbalances can bring about lasting change. Dr. Wagman provides an extensive look at the most beneficial foods for each type and those that could be harmful, as well as which forms of exercise are most effective. He shows which herbs are most compatible for you and which could exacerbate your inborn energetic imbalances. He offers Sasang approaches for a range of common conditions, from high blood pressure, aching joints, and allergies to common colds, inadequate sleep, and weight gain. He also introduces ways to enhance spiritual well-being by balancing your innate emotional strengths and weaknesses. Addressing the body, mind, and spirit, discovering your Yin Yang body type provides the key to optimizing physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
- Author BiographyGary Wagman, Ph.D., L.Ac., is an acupuncturist and doctor of Oriental Medicine. He was the first foreign student at the Daejeon University of Oriental Medicine in South Korea and lived in Asia for more than 8 years. The founder of Harmony Clinic and the American Institute of Korean Medicine, he lives in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)Gary Wagman
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content Note120 b&w illustrations
- Weight571 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.