You're Grown - Now You Can Cook by Sallie Stamps Swor (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou're Grown - Now You Can Cook was written to help everyone prepare beautiful and delicious food for themselves, their families, and their friends with complete confidence. This cookbook is the perfect gift for a graduate, new apartment dweller or homeowner, newlywed, or someone who simply wants to enjoy exciting recipes and prepare meals at home. It will also appeal to the experienced cook who enjoys creative cooking and delicious food. You're Grown - Now You Can Cook, is t only about mastering your own kitchen, but also about gaining the independence to rely less on processed convenience food, take-outs, and overpriced restaurant meals. It promotes the idea that any person with the desire to do so can cook satisfying and healthy meals t only for themselves, but to the delight of guests as well. This cookbook was originally written at the request of my son as he moved into his first apartment and wanted to cook for himself and friends. His plan was to eat well, without spending absurd amounts of time or money in the process. As he prepared amazing meals for his friends, he discovered that they loved his recipes and wanted copies of this cookbook. Soon so many people asked for copies that I realized the concept had merit and deserved to be a real book, so here it is: You're Grown - Now You Can Cook. One handy feature of this cookbook is that to simplify preparation, the directions for the recipes are listed in a step-by-step format rather than in paragraph form, making them concise and easy to follow. The recipes include helpful hints, serving suggestions, menu ideas, and ingredient substitutions, plus advice about where to locate products in the grocery store, and even tips to simplify kitchen cleanup. Creative menus and bonus recipes make meal planning a breeze. Informative and entertaining text insures that reading the book is an enjoyable experience. It is important to te that these recipes don't require special equipment or challenging techniques, just the desire to prepare tasty dishes that the cook can be proud of and enjoy. There is an emphasis on using fresh and homemade ingredients and tips for purchasing healthy products. Cooking with confidence is just one more way for any person, be it someone new to the kitchen or an experienced chef, to feel good about themselves and their abilities. I have been fortunate to have a career working with students and young adults so I am confident that the tone of this book is one to which a vice cook can easily relate. While many cookbooks offer only ingredient lists and a brief paragraph of directions, this book goes several steps further with each individual recipe. From the format of the directions, to tips for shopping, preparation, ingredient substitutions, clean up, and how to store and use leftovers, this book leads the cook through a simple process for producing perfect dishes every time. The result of cooking with You're Grown - Now You Can Cook, is food that is beautiful and will inspire confidence in a beginner and pride in an experienced cook. This is the cookbook you will rely on and enjoy forever. Not only are these recipes destined to become life long favorites; the best part of all is that the cook is guaranteed be a star in the kitchen.
- Author BiographyCooking has not only been my obsession and creative outlet, but also my greatest pleasure for as long as I can remember. Way before the food craze, when most of my friends were pouring over Cosmopolitan Magazine, I spent my time engrossed in the latest issue of Gourmet. In my first college apartment I discovered the thrill of entertaining friends with dinner parties, brunches, picnics - well just any excuse to cook. I also discovered that no one minded. I have been fortunate to have a career working with students and young adults as a high school counselor and college consultant. In writing this cookbook I've been able to use my experience with my students, clients, my own son, and his friends as a way to write in a voice that makes sense to a novice cook while still relating to anyone like me who just loves food and entertaining. The cookbook itself came about as a request from my son as he moved into his first apartment. He was a well-trained food snob and a very independent young man who wanted to provide for himself instead of relying on take out and convenience food, and he wanted to do that without spending a lot of money. When his friends tasted his delicious creations, they all want copies of the cookbook. Soon my friends, many of whom are very accomplished cooks, requested their own copies, so here it is: You're Grown - Now You Can Cook. I am a Nashville native and married to a very unadventurous eater who I love anyway. We have a son studying to become a music and sound producer who now loves to cook and entertain. We also have a lot of bassets and two Siamese cats. We are passionate gardeners and grow as many fruits, vegetables and herbs as we can that we use on our own table and share with friends and family. We live in a beautiful part of Nashville in the woods near Radnor Lake just down the street from the house where I grew up. I am a graduate of Hillsboro High School and Rhodes College and have a Master's Degree in Education and School Counseling. I recently retired from my position as a high school counselor and I'm devoting time to my passion for cooking and sharing recipes. You can follow my cooking blog at http: //TheDeerOne.com
- Author(s)Sallie Stamps Swor
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $33.30
- AU $31.36Trending at AU $32.01
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $26.32Trending at AU $28.88
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $26.20Trending at AU $47.59
- AU $16.23Trending at AU $20.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.