Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMacduff Brooks works hard at being a decent fly fishing guide in Wyoming and Montana, plays the oboe marginally, drinks too much Gentlemen Jack, and struggles with relationships with women. But he hasn't been Macduff Brooks for very long and often he wants to return to his earlier existence as happily married law professor Maxwell Hunt in Florida. It is t to be for his wife has died in a boating accident on the Snake River in Wyoming, and a depressed Hunt, increasingly willing to accept special work for a federal agency, is nearly killed in Guatemala, but is anunced as having died of a stroke, and placed in a federal protection program with a new identity and location. As Macduff Brooks, he moves between his new homes in Montana and Florida, but cant escape his Guatemalan assailants who doubt that he died. A client is killed on his drift boat, and his cabin is rigged with bombs, t helping his new relationship with a New York investment-banker lady, who owns a ranch next to Brooks' Montana cabin. In this third part of the Macduff Brooks fly fishing mystery series, Macduff and a client fishing on the Madison River in Montana watch as a drift boat with only one person on the boat, covered with a wicker basket and a wreath of mistletoe, approaches them. When closer, the person proves to be a friend of Macduff with a sign across a front vest of explosives that reads: You're Next, Lucinda! The day is June 21st: the summer solstice. The result is a horrible explosion that kills Macduff's friend. On the September 21st fall equix the pattern is repeated on the North Platte River in Wyoming. What will happen on the winter solstice?
- Author BiographyM.W.Gordon taught law for four decades, authoring dozens of books and articles, and traveling widely lecturing for the State Department and Council on Foreign Relations. Changing focus, he stopped teaching, built a wooden drift-boat named Osprey, and became a fly fishing guide. He divides his time between the salt-marsh flats below St. Augustine, Florida, and the creeks and rivers of Wyoming and Montana. He has floated Osprey on numerous rivers, including rescuing a father and young children after their drift boat, overloaded with six persons, crashed into trees and sank on the Snake River in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. He has worked with Project Healing Waters in Montana, taking combat-wounded disabled-vets fly fishing on the Yellowstone River. His author-wife Buff and he live in Summer Haven, south of St. Augustine, with their Sheltie, Macduff.
- Author(s)M W Gordon
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.69New
- AU $30.94New
- AU $16.35New
- AU $12.77Used
- AU $79.12New
- AU $18.65New
- AU $109.14New
- AU $22.33New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.68
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.12
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.41
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $82.96
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $17.98Trending at AU $20.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.