You're Not as Crazy as I Thought (but You're Still Wrong): Conversations Between a Die-Hard Liberal and a Devoted Conservative by Phil Neisser, Jacob Hess (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmericans have been divided along political lines for so long that they have nearly forgotten how to talk to one ather, much less how to listen. This is t likely to improve as long as differences between them continue to be cast in overly simplistic terms, such as igrance vs. enlightened awareness or morality vs. reprobate immorality. Such dichotomies igre the fact that many citizens who disagree politically netheless share a desire to work for the larger good of society. Phil Neisser, a self-described left-wing atheist, first met Jacob Hess, a social conservative, at the 2008 proceedings of the National Coalition for Dialogue and Deliberation. After discovering a shared commitment to cross-party dialogue, they embarked together on a yearlong attempt to practice what they preached. In this book they share the result by exploring the boundaries of core disagreements about morality, power, gender roles, sexuality, race, big government, big business, and big media. Each chapter revolves around an issue explored in depth through back-and-forth, lively question and response. This nuanced, iterative process was transformative for both authors, and could likewise serve as a valuable resource for anyone-liberal or conservative-who feels disillusioned by today's often shallow, demagogic public discourse.
- Author BiographyPHIL NEISSER chairs the Department of Politics at SUNY Potsdam and serves half-time as associate dean of arts and sciences. He is the author of United We Fall: Ending America's Love Affair with the Political Center (Praeger, 2008). He lives in Potsdam, New York. JACOB HESS is the research director at Utah Youth Village, a nonprofit for abused children in the Rocky Mountain region. In 2004 he helped to develop and co-facilitate a liberal-conservative dialogue course at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - the first of its kind in the nation. He lives in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Author(s)Jacob Hess,Phil Neisser
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Notenotes, bibliography, index
- Weight485 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.