All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPRAISE FOR Yours, Mine & Ours: Creating a Compelling Dor Experience Using the principles penned in this book, Barry McLeish has helped our nprofit grow its customer base 400% with plans to double it yet again approved by our board. The creation of a compelling dor experience has increased gifts 1,000%. ----Ron Ward Executive Director Camp Berea Nonprofits face constant pressure from a public scrutinizing our every move, demanding more service for less cost. Into this perfect storm, Barry McLeish has cast a lifeline. He has given us the power to discern snake oil from salve and to craft custom strategies for our unique organizations. Those who survive the future shakeout and fragmentation of our industry will owe an eternal debt of gratitude to the likes of Barry McLeish and his tribe. ----Tony Lee Associate Director of Development Habitat for Humanity Becoming more dor--centric is t a choice----ita s a strategic imperative. This timely book from a seasoned and very savvy practitioner sounds an urgently needed wake--up alarm for nprofits that have yet to align their work with the hearts and minds of their dors. If youa re an executive or board member of a nprofit, after reading this book dona t even dream of hitting the soze button. In todaya s environment, it could well be your organizationa s last nap. ----Larry F. Johnston, PhD President McConkey, Johnston International Keeping up with the sea change in the business of philanthropy has become a full--time job for fundraisers and for managers of nprofits. McLeisha s book explores the expanded expectations of twenty--first--century dors and offers a road map to guide development professionals in building meaningful relationships that will insure years of engaged support. This book goes beyond conventional concepts of branding and marketing into the creation of authentic partnerships between dors and organizations. ----Linda G. Steckley Vice President for Development and Executive Education The Brookings Institution The words of Albert Szent--Gyorgyi, the biochemist, summarize Barrya s latest thoughts: a Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what body has thought.a The reader who captures Barrya s insights and personally adapts and applies them will benefit greatly. ----Larry Fuhrer, Founder/President Presidential Services Ltd.
- Author BiographyBarry McLeish (Deerfield, WI) is currently serving as the International Vice President to the McConkey/Johnston Group, a fundraising and marketing management consulting firm specializing in nonprofit organizations and associations. Before joining McConkey/Johnston, McLeish was the Director of Development for a $22 million dollar nonprofit organization and served as project director for the organizationa s $30 million dollar capital campaign. McLeish is a frequent and popular seminar leader, having spoken at numerous conventions in the US and Canada on fundraising, marketing, and market planning for nonprofit and for--profit organizations, including large marketing seminars for Merrill Lynch and the American Association of Manufacturers. He is the author of three books: The Personal Support Raising Handbook (Intervarsity Press), The Donor Bond (Taft Publishers), and Successful Marketing Strategies for Nonprofit Organizations (Wiley).
- Author(s)Barry J. McLeish
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width162 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.