All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive and widely respected survey of the literature on gangs and gang activities in America includes theoretical perspectives on why gangs exist, gang typologies, descriptions of gang activities, and various intervention strategies for dealing with gangs.
- Author BiographySharon Tracy is a full professor and Director of the Crime and Delinquency Project at Georgia Southern University where she has taught for over twenty years. She received her degree in Public Administration (Criminal Justice Administration) from the University of Southern California. A member of the Georgia Gang Investigators Association, she serves as a consultant to numerous law enforcement agencies and has written a number of articles on gangs, particularly those in suburban and rural communities. William B. Brown is Associate Professor of Criminal Justice at Western Oregon University. He has conducted more than ten years of ethnographic research in the area of youth gangs, which focused on the culture of inner-city youth in the Midwest. He has co-authored several books including CRIMINAL JUSTICE IN AMERICA: A CRITICAL VIEW (with Randall G. Shelden, Allyn and Bacon); INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINAL JUSTICE (with Randall G. Shelden, Karen Miller, and Randall Fritzler, Waveland Press); and the three previous editions of YOUTH GANGS IN AMERICAN SOCIETY. He is completing the manuscript for a book titled Veteran Betrayals and Public Apathy: From Vietnam to Afghanistan and Iraq, which addresses the cultural aspect of the Military Total Institution. Randall G. Shelden is Professor of Criminal Justice at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas UNLV), where he has been a faculty member since 1977. He received the UNLV Alumni award for Outstanding Teacher in 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1992 and 1993. He is the author or co-author of 16 books, including GIRLS, DELINQUENCY, AND JUVENILE JUSTICE (3rd Edition), with Meda Chesney-Lind (which received the Hindelang Award for outstanding contribution to Criminology in 1992); CRIME AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE IN AMERICAN SOCIETY (with William Brown, Karen Miller, and Randall Fritzler, Waveland Press); CONTROLLING THE DANGEROUS CLASSES: THE HISTORY OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE (2nd Edition, Allyn and Bacon); DELINQUENCY AND JUVENILE JUSTICE IN AMERICAN SOCIETY (Waveland Press); OUR PUNITIVE SOCIETY (Waveland Press); plus three previous editions of YOUTH GANGS IN AMERICAN SOCIETY. His website is: www.sheldensays.com.
- Author(s)Randall G. Shelden,Sharon K. Tracy,William Brown
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight486 g
- Width162 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement4th International edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.