All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.46Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionAs a steady source of juvenile delinquents and an incubator for future adult offenders, the youth gang has long been a focus of attention, from their origins and prevalence to intervention and prevention strategies. But while delinquent youth form gangs worldwide, youth gang research has generally focused on the U.S. Youth Gangs in International Perspective provides a needed corrective by offering significant studies from across Europe, as well as Trinidad-Tobago and Israel. The book spans the diversity of the field in the cultural and scholarly traditions represented and methods used, analyzing t only the social processes under which gangs operate and cohere, but also the evolution of the research base, starting with the Eurogang Program's definition of the term youth gang. Cross-national and gender issues are discussed, as are measurement concerns and the possibility that the American conception of the youth gang is impeding European understanding of these groups. Among the topics covered: * Gang dynamics through the lens of social identity theory.* Defining gangs in youth correctional settings.* Gang gender composition and youth delinquency.* From Stockholm: a holistic approach to gang intervention.* Gang membership as a turning point in the life course.* The impact of globalization, immigration, and social process on neo-Nazi youth gangs. Filling a critical gap in the literature, Youth Gangs in International Perspective will find a wide audience among crimilogists, policymakers specializing in youth crime, and researchers and graduate students in crimilogy, political science, and youth studies.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight510 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCheryl L. Maxson,Finn-Aage Esbensen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.