Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe research is clear: children as young as seven can gain significant benefits for health, fitness and sport participation through a sound, scientifically-based strength-training program. Authors Avery Faigenbaum and Wayne Westcott are recognized as leading authorities on fitness and in this book they use their extensive experience as teachers, professors, researchers, athletes and coaches to provide readers with the most effective and safe programs possible. Crucially, this book is designed and written specifically for young people; it's t just ather watered-down adult title. While the first edition focused on the safety and efficacy of youth strength training, this new edition evidences the authors' new research for designing more efficient, enjoyable, productive and practical programs of strength exercise for young people of different ages and abilities. Today, one out of three children are challenged by excessive body fat and these boys and girls are poorly suited for endurance-type exercise which they are typically asked to perform and which they are typically avoid at all costs. Fortunately, Youth Strength Training provides a myriad of resistance exercises which they tend to enjoy more, most likely because they compare more favorably with their lighter peers and the training effects are highly reinforcing (looking better, feeling better, functioning better).
- Author BiographyAs a leading researcher and practitioner in the area of youth fitness, Avery Faigenbaum, EdD, CSCS, has had years of experience working with children and adolescents in the weight room. He is currently an assistant professor of exercise physiology at the University of Massachusetts. Faigenbaum is certified by the NSCA, ACSM and the United States Weightlifting Association. With more than 35 years of experience in strength training as an athlete, coach, teacher, professor, researcher, writer and speaker, Wayne Westcott, PhD, CSCS, is recognised as a leading authority on fitness. He has served as a strength training consultant for numerous organisations and programmes, including Nautilus, the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, the National Sports Performance Association and the International Association of Fitness Professionals (IDEA).
- Author(s)Avery Faigenbaum,Wayne L. Westcott
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note7 illustrations, 296 photos
- Weight694 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.