All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfessional practice is at the heart of youth work training but integrating the theory learned in class with the reality of placements can sometimes require extra support. This comprehensive textbook is designed to help students working with young people become competent and ethical practitioners, able to reflect on their learning and interventions in young people's lives. Divided into three parts, this core text: * provides an understanding of and commitment to the principles of youth work * explores how contexts shape youth work * demonstrates the core practice skills that are required to make a meaningful impact on the lives of young people. Engaging and practice-driven, this is an essential text for all students learning about working with young people, whether on youth work or allied courses. It includes case-studies, tasks, further reading and reflective questions to help readers make connections between their own kwledge and practice.
- Author BiographyJason Wood is Head of Sociology and Reader in Social Policy in the School of Social Sciences at Nottingham Trent University, UK. He has teaching and research interests in the relationship between youth work theory, policy and practice. Sue Westwood is Senior Lecturer in Youth and Community Development at De Montfort University, UK. She has specialist expertise in applying psychological theories and principles within the practice of youth and community development work and developing professional practice. Gill Thompson is a Freelance Trainer and Youth and Community Worker and previously worked as Senior Lecturer in Youth and Community Development and Field Placement Co-ordinator at De Montfort University, UK.
- Author(s)Gill Thompson,Jason Wood,Sue Westwood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight610 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.