All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides you with the most comprehensive and authoritative overview of youth and crime available. Keeping you abreast of the contemporary debates surrounding youth crime and justice, this book examines all the key topics that you'll encounter during your studies in youth and crime at undergraduate and postgraduate level. The book: *Covers the issues around antisocial behaviour orders (ASBOs), gangs, gun and knife crime, early intervention initiatives, the respect agenda, restorative justice and child imprisonment *Features expanded coverage of youth and media, social media, cyberbullying and hate crime and takes into account recent legislative updates *Includes chapters on youth victimology and comparative and international youth justice, providing a critical analysis of issues such as institutional abuse, child trafficking, international children's rights and transnational policy transfer *Includes a new companion website, featuring links to journal articles, relevant websites, blogs and government reports Complete with chapter outlines, summary boxes, key terms, study questions, further reading lists and a glossary, this is the textbook to take you through your studies in youth and crime.
- Author BiographyJohn Muncie is Emeritus Professor of Criminology at the Open University, UK. He is the author of Youth and Crime (4th edition, Sage, 2014), and he has published widely on issues in comparative youth justice and children's rights, including the co-edited companion volumes Youth Crime and Justice and Comparative Youth Justice (Sage, 2006). He has produced numerous Open University texts and readers, including Crime: Local and Global (Willan, 2010), Criminal Justice: Local and Global (Willan, 2010), The Problem of Crime (2nd edition, Sage, 2001), Crime Prevention and Community Safety (Sage, 2001) and Imprisonment: European Perspectives (Harvester, 1991). He has also contributed nine volumes to the The Sage Library of Criminology (Sage, 2007-2009). He is co-editor of the Sage journal Youth Justice: An International Journal.
- Author(s)John Muncie
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width183 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.