Youths Trapped in Prejudice: Hungarian Adolescents' Attitudes Towards the Roma by Luca Varadi (Paperback, 2014)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLuca Varadi aims to understand the formation of the Hungarian teenagers' attitudes towards the Roma, as adolescence is a crucial period in identity development. Her objective is to determine to what extent the classical and more recent theories on the formation of prejudice can be applied in a context in which there is public consensus of respect towards mirities. The author lets the teenagers express their own views to see their world through their eyes, allowing the reader to understand what being prejudiced or tolerant means to these adolescents.
- Author BiographyLuca Varadi is a Hungarian sociologist. Her research focuses on ethnic prejudices and especially on the formation of prejudice in adolescence. She is currently a research fellow at the University of Hamburg and guest lecturer at the Central European University.
- Author(s)Luca Varadi
- PublisherSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden
- Date of Publication29/04/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePolitische Psychologie
- Place of PublicationWeisbaden
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer VS
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight341 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.07Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.