All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are all kinds of crazy, but there's only one Yukon Madness. And Royal Mountie Tommy McKenna-a role made for Canadian-born Glenn Ford-has seen first-hand the terror that follows in its wake ...his partner murdered and fed to a pack of wolves. But that's only a taste of the horrors to come. Bent on revenge, McKenna sets out to find the madman himself-a monster who goes by the name Itauk. He quickly finds, however, that there's only one way to get to the beast-through the man's raven-haired beauty of a girlfriend, Raja. But whose side is Raja on? Can McKenna win her over? Or will he too end up dead meat? The bait has been cast, the scent has been taken, and the trap has been set. The only question is, who is the predator and who is the prey? Hubbard never wrote a word, conceived a character, or described a setting without first finding out all he could about the people and places that drove his stories. He wrote: I began to search for research on the theory that if I could get a glimmering of anything lying beyond a certain horizon, I could go deep eugh to find an excellent story...I began to read exhaustively...I wanted information and thing else. His exhaustive research-and search for the excellent story comes through in this book three times over. Also includes the adventures The Cossack, which takes place in revolutionary Russia and explores the high price one man pays for refusing to kiss a Duchess, and The Small Boss of Nunaloha, the exotic story of a man who may be short, but who stands tall when it comes to defending his turf-an island in the Pacific.
- Author BiographyWith 19 New York Times bestsellers and more than 320 million copies of his works in circulation, L. Ron Hubbard is among the most enduring and widely read authors of our time. As a leading light of American Pulp Fiction through the 1930s and '40s, he is further among the most influential authors of the modern age. Indeed, from Ray Bradbury to Stephen King, there is scarcely a master of imaginative tales who has not paid tribute to L. Ron Hubbard.
- Author(s)L. Ron Hubbard
- PublisherGalaxy Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleStories from the Golden Age
- Place of PublicationHollywood, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGalaxy Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.02
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.52
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.