All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph features Beijing-born artist's acclaimed scrolls, sculptures, and drawings. In his stunning impressionistic works, Yun-Fei Ji takes on the thousand-year-old practice of Chinese scroll painting, employing ink on paper as his primary medium, and landscape as his central subject. Rather than adopting the idealism characteristic of traditional scroll painting, Ji presents the gritty reality of life in contemporary China. In this comprehensive mograph, Ji s works bridge the gap between modernity and tradition. Essays explore themes of community, dislocation, and environmental degradation as well as Chinese folklore and its rapid decline in his native country s culture.
- Author(s)Tracy L. Adler
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note100 colour illustration
- Width285 mm
- Height255 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.